Custom Search

Friday, April 3, 2009

Does Babies R Us sell cages?

I got home from work today at 5:30, and started putting Myla to bed at 7:30. At various points during the intervening two hours, she got her hands on the following items:

1. My cell phone
2. The TV remotes
3. A box of Kleenex
4. The dinner I was trying to eat
5. My shoes
6. Her diapers
7. The baby monitor
8. The cranks on our windows
9. The garbage can
10. Our refrigerator magnets

In each case, she played with the item until I caught her or decided she'd danced with danger long enough, and then she got mad when I took it away. Things she was not interested in:

1. Her books
2. Her toys
3. Anything age-appropriate.
4. Anything that involves sitting in one place.

I'm loving that she's starting to be so active and to exercise her free will, but I'm exhausted!

2 comments:

Grandma Kathy said...

Welcome to Motherhood again, or should I say "Myla" world"! Everything she can get her cute little hands on, she will. If she can get it in her mouth, she will. Will the time pass quickly? It will. Will you look back on this time and smile? Absolutely. It is such a wonderful time, and also very exhausting. The days can seem long, but they go by so quickly. Enjoy all these special moments and give Myla a hug for me. Love, Kathy

The Wegeners said...

It only gets more hectic from here! Fun....but hectic :)