Custom Search

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Myla giveth and she taketh away

Last week Myla and I were watching the Gilmore Girls, and actress Lauren Graham was on the screen. Myla pointed to the screen and said "Mama!" She went back and forth between pointing at me and pointing at the lovely Ms. Graham, as if she were confused about how I could be on the TV and in the living room at the same time. I took this as Myla's first compliment to me, as Lauren Graham is quite the looker:



But then, several days later she had the same reaction when she saw a very mousy-looking contestant on Jeopardy. I had to admit I could see the resemblance. And yesterday she repeatedly said "Mama!" as she pointed at a tattooed bartender in Matthew's Wine Enthusiast magazine (who also did look quite like me, tattoos aside). I guess I have to take the good with the bad!

1 comment:

Matt and Jennifer said...

I thought that was funny when you told me on the phone, but it is hilarious reading the written word. I'm cracking up!!