Custom Search

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

First Swim Lesson

Last Sunday, Myla had her first swim lesson. One of the great benefits of working at ND is all of the different family programs they offer on campus. Now that we have Myla we get to take advantage of the Parent-Tot swim class and I can't think of a better way to spend my Sunday afternoon than jumping in the pool and showing off my pasty-white South Bend tan with people I kind of know from campus.


Myla was a little hesitant at first. She has been in swimming pools plenty of times, but usually with a strong grip in whoever is holding her. We started off with some dancing and singing (no video or pictures of that) and then some practice floating. Myla was a pro and was so relaxed as I supported her on her back that I thought she might fall asleep. We practiced reaching out in the water as she chased a rubber duckie around the pool and then we finished with her first dunking. I put her under the water three times and she didn't really have much of a reaction. She just kind of looked at me funny. Maybe we'll get Mommy in the pool next time!

1 comment:

Matt and Jennifer said...

I was cracking up out loud at your last line in the first paragraph. Hilarious :) So glad Myla loves her swim lessons. It sounds like she's doing great! Glad to hear she loves it. Miss you all!