Custom Search

Friday, April 8, 2011

Chunky Monkey

Luke was feeling extra-heavy to me last night so I weighed him (using the classic method of weighing myself with and without him). He weighed 24 lbs. According to the CDC growth chart, that is the median weight for a 15-month old.

Thoughts:
1. So that's why the 12-month pajamas I just bought him are already getting too snug.

2. We have got to get the boy into a car seat so I can stop breaking my back every time I try to lift him in the Chicco carrier.

3. He is probably going to weigh more than Myla by the time he can walk. Big sis had better learn some self-defense maneuvers, stat.

4. Luke's height percentiles match his weight; if he keeps on this trajectory he will be taller than me by age 13. That's a big 'if,' of course, but I already have visions of being one of those moms who look like a midget next to their teenager. Freak me out! :)

No comments: