Custom Search

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Most Valuable Buddy


Last night I tucked Myla into bed and went to turn out the light, and she asked me to leave the light on. This is unusual for her; she has never been afraid of the dark or too reluctant to go to bed. I told her that I needed to turn the light out, but that she had her purple night light and everything would be okay. She said "but when you turn the light out, I can't see Joey Votto!"

She was referring to the Joey Votto bobble-head that she got when we went to the Reds game a few weeks ago with Baw Baw and Uncle Andrew. She has been a huge Joey Votto fan ever since, and the bobble-head has a prominent spot on her nightstand.

Pop--if you want to put a stop to this, you'll just have to take her to the Cardinal's game on Matt Holliday bobble-head night (Aug. 28). Or better yet, Build-A-Bear Workshop Stan Musial Bear Night (Aug. 14).

1 comment:

kbfish said...

That girl says the craziest things! She is A MESS.
Aunt Kelly