Custom Search

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Happy 3rd birthday, Myla James!

Today, Myla turned 3! Several people have commented that they can't believe she's already three, but in some ways I can't believe she's only three. For one thing, it's hard to remember life before Myla. And for another, she's such a little person--especially in the way she talks!

At three, Myla is so, so sweet. She'll tell you she loves you fifteen times a day (not that I get tired of hearing it). She still has pretty great manners and will thank you for things you do for her, not just things you give her. And knock on wood, but she's very good most of the time. If she's starting to misbehave we just ask her if she wants to be in trouble, and that's usually enough to change her tune.

She loves to tease and be silly and make up words. She has an incredible memory and even helps me remember all the things we need before leaving the house! She seems to survive on one good meal every three days. Her best buddy is still Chi Chi the monkey. She loves girly things like skirts and dresses and toenail polish but on occasion has refused to go to bed until Joey Votto bats. Her teachers at school love having her in class and she has three best friends (Hailey, Emily, and Brianna). Several other parents have said to me that they hear all about Myla at home!

And when I come home at the end of the day, or pick her up at school, she screams and runs to greet me with a huge hug and a big smile that makes my day, no matter what kind of day it's been. It's a kind of uncomplicated love that probably peaks at around age three, so we're trying to enjoy every minute of it. We love you, too, Myla James!

P.S. This week will be Myla Week--come back every day for new pictures of her and the details of the birthday weekend.

4 comments:

Kimber said...

happy birthday to Myla, and what a sweet picture!!

kbfish said...

I LOVE Myla day, week or anything Myla James. Love that little girl...she's made my last three years the best!!
Love,
Aunt Kelly

Rita H. said...

She is such a sweet girl. I love her spirit and wished I got to see it more often! Can't wait to see her again and hope Myla had a wonderful birthday. Love you Myla!

GRANNY BUCKLES said...

MYLA.... I love those Birthday pictures. Sure wish we could have
been there. You are such a big girl and we love you so much.

LOVE FOREVER; GRANNY AND PA;;;;;