Custom Search

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Not my daughter


This morning the unthinkable happened: Myla woke up before Luke. She called out for me at 6:50, where she usually sleeps until at least 7:30 and sometimes I have to wake her up at 8:00. So I went in and told her she could lay back down or play quietly in her room.

When Matthew went back in at around 7:15, what had she been doing? CLEANING HER ROOM. She spent the entire time putting all her dress-up clothes away, shelving her books, and even making her bed. She was really proud of herself and we were sure to make a big deal out of it to encourage the good behavior.  I included some pictures of her handiwork.

By the way, the subject line is in reference to the battles I had with my mom about keeping my room clean.  Sorry, Mom!




1 comment:

Nana/Mom said...

Nice work, Myla! Kasey, as you may remember after a couple of years of struggling with you over the room, I wised up and decided it wasn't worth the hassle and just had you close the door. A parenting lesson: Choose your battles. It looks like keeping a clean room won't be one of the battles you must choose, but I'm certain you'll have a choice of battles to choose from. Have fun!