Custom Search

Sunday, November 2, 2008

This one's for my dad

I was counting the money Myla collected for UNICEF (thanks Johnsons, McNallys, and Amy Hill!) and it looks like she got $11.00. According to the information UNICEF sent us, $2 buys nutrition for 1 hungry kid, so her collection will feed five-and-a-half kids! I mention this because it instantly made me think of my favorite scene from the Andy Griffith Show, when Andy is trying to get Opie to give more to the local children's charity. He tells Opie that there are one-and-a-half poor boys per square mile in their county. Opie finds this to be quite upsetting, though not for the reason Andy intends. Here is a sound file of the scene--once you're on the site, click on "Poor Horatio." If you're impatient, skip to about the 1:36 mark.

No comments: