Custom Search

Monday, November 16, 2009

A New Home Full of Sick People

The last few weeks have been some of the craziest days in recent memory for the family. We couldn't have done it without the help of our parents, a great moving company, and antibiotics.

Two weeks ago, Kasey's parents came to visit for a couple days and were very helpful in packing up some things for our move and cooking some meals. I know I was kind of dragging my feet on getting started with packing our belongings so seeing a lot of things going into boxes was just what I needed to realize that the moving day was quickly approaching.

Things took a turn for the worse last weekend when Kasey and Myla were not feeling very well. Myla had been cranky for about two weeks with a constant runny nose and a nagging cough and our nights had been pretty rough at times with her crying. I'm sure this comes as a bit of pleasure to all those parents out there that are probably sick of hearing us talk about how great of a sleeper Myla is and how she is nver sick. Stupid daycare!

The movers came last Monday and everything related to that couldn't have gone any better. The four guys that did the move were very friendly and most importantly, very careful with our things. The move went off without any problems although it was pretty sad to leave our empty house that had been so good to us for four years.

After getting everything into the house on Monday, things went downhill from there. Kasey got sicker each day until she woke up on Wednesday with no voice. That same morning I woke up with one heck of an earache and Myla was still battling her cough. I went to the doctor and was told I have an ear infection. What? Since when does anyone older than four get an ear infection? Stupid daycare rugrats giving my daughter germs that she then snuck in my ear!

I'll spare you the details, but things got much worse on Thursday and Friday as I was in serious pain and discomfort and Kasey couldn't talk and had a fierce cough. It was kind of funny as she had no voice and I couldn't hear. It was about 48 hours of her whispering things and me replying "what?"

My parents rolled in on Friday and their timing couldn't have been any better. They were such a huge help watching Myla all weekend so that Kasey and I could take care of ourselves and do some things around the house. We're starting to feel much better as the medicine has had some time to kick in and my Bengals brought home another huge victory on Sunday.

2 comments:

kbfish said...

Bless all your hearts!
Aunt Kelly

Jen said...

UGH! I'm so sorry! Sounds miserable. I'm glad you're on the mend. You should plan to stock up on cold remedies and vitamins this winter... the first winter in daycare is BRUTAL on the kids and parents' immune systems. Ugh! It gets better, I promise! soso