Custom Search

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Two funny exchanges I recently had with Myla that must be shared. On Friday morning, I got Myla up out of bed and we had this conversation:

Myla: Daddy, is today a mommy/daddy day or a school day?
Daddy: Today is a school day. But tomorrow is a mommy/daddy day and also my birthday!
Myla: It is? (with a big smile on her face)
Daddy: Sure is. We're going to have lots of fun!
Myla: How old are you going to be?
Daddy: Thirty-four!
Myla: After a long pause to think...."Do we have candles for that?"

I laughed because it kind of sounded like she was making fun of how old I was going to be. In reality I think it wasn't that she was thinking of 34 candles on a cake, but wasn't familiar with the number 34 and didn't know what kind of candle that comes with.

Then, just this morning we had another fun exchange when I got her out of bed.

Mommy: Myla, do you remember what today is?
Myla: Daddy's birthday!
Daddy: That's right! Do you remember how old I am?
Myla: No.
Daddy: Thirty-four! That's kind of old, isn't it?
Myla: But daddy, I still love you!

Already a great day!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Cute!
I remember this day well.
It was Saturday,sunny,hot and humid,typical weather for July.
I was scheduled to work but you decided to arrive early. I can't think of a better way to miss work.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW !!!
Hope you have a wonderful day
Love you !
Mom

lbuckles said...

Granny said...

HAPPY BIRYHDAY""""""""""""

MATTHEW. Hopw you all have fun....

LOVE, GRANNY and PA

Rita H. said...

Happy Birthday Matthew! Hope you have a nice one!

Love, Rita

kbfish said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday DEAR MATTHEW! Happy Birthday to you!! LOVE FROM THE FISH'S

Mom/Nana said...

Isn't having children to celebrate your birthday with great! They make everything a little more special.