Custom Search

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Who knew?

Yesterday was the 10-year anniversary of my first date with Matthew. For our date (in Lexington), we went to dinner with our friends Melanie and Jay, to a piano bar, and then dancing at the Blue Moon Saloon--where Matthew dropped me on the dance floor when he tried to do a little faux-dip with me that I thought was going to be a full-on dip. Good thing neither of us is too easily embarassed. We then talked for hours on Melanie's front porch.

I told this story at our wedding, but I'll tell it again here. The next day Matthew sent me an e-mail (technology was key in our relationship) saying that our date had been one of the few things that he'd really looked forward to for a long time, but that still managed to exceed his expectations. I felt the same way, and continue to feel that way now--10 years, a wedding, two kids, two big moves, two homes, and multiple jobs later, it still exceeds my expectations every day.

To give you an idea of how far we've come, here are some recent shots of Matthew with the kids at the zoo--it's no Blue Moon Saloon, but still tons of fun!:











3 comments:

lbuckles said...

GRANNY B. I noticed that Myla did not wear her Sexy glasses to the zoo, which might be a good idea. Luke seems to enjoy himself.
Your first date was more ezciting than ours,,,,,,,,
Love...Granny

Nana/Mom said...

Happy 10th anniversary! The zoo had to be a lot more fun than the Blue Moon Saloon.

Matt and Jennifer said...

Awww! I just now read this post. So sweet and I'm SO glad you had that date 10 years ago too :) Love you both (and kids too!!!)