Custom Search

Monday, September 3, 2012

Questions and Answers

Yesterday we were driving in the car, and Myla asks, "What's humidity?"

The girl probably asks 20 questions like this a day. It makes me want to take a remedial course in grade-school science (and history, and geography), because I don't always remember the answers. And even if I do, sometimes it can be very hard to explain--our answers usually just lead to more questions (What's moisture? How does the water get in the air?).

Anyway, Matthew took this one and I thought he did a pretty good job. But then she said, "okay, so in Tangled, when Rapunzel is trying to get the guy back, why does she say, 'Where's your humidity?'"

I'm puzzled for a minute, and then say, "Oh! I think she says 'Where's your humanity?'. Not humidity."

Of course, Myla's immediate next question is, "What's humanity?" I think humidity was easier to explain . . .

No comments: