Custom Search

Monday, October 7, 2013

The Little Mermaid


 Matthew was in Texas for the Notre Dame game this weekend, so I had the kids by myself.  They were as well-behaved as I've ever seen them.  Helpful, patient, fun--they were real team players!
One thing we did was watch "The Little Mermaid," which just came out on DVD.  It has some really scary parts, which we skipped, but Myla's biggest emotional reaction was at the end.  When Ariel gets married and says goodbye to her dad, who remains in the sea as king of the mer-people, Myla bawled.  Which made me cry.  It was ridiculous.  Heaven help us in 20+ years if/when she gets married.

The picture is one Myla drew after watching the movie.  I think this is really her best artwork yet.  There's a singing Ariel, Sebastian the Crab, and Flounder the fish.  It's so colorful and detailed--this one will be on display for a long time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Granny; Good Morning Myla and all. That was a great picture you drew, I bet Luke watched you with those big Blues. Be good for Mommie and Dad, hope to see you soon. Granny is doing Ok, but Lonely. Love you all. Granny B.

Nana/Mom said...

Myla, you are a wonderful artist. Love your pictures. I display them in your bedroom. Love you.