Custom Search

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Halfway there!

Today I am 20 weeks pregnant, marking the official halfway point (yes, we know the due date is just an estimate, but this still feels like a milestone). I figure it's time for a status report.

Kasey: Definitely starting to feel and look pregnant. I feel a bit like a science experiment at times, and it so strange--wonderful, but strange--to feel her moving around inside me. I have also pretty much recovered from my emotional breakdown in the dressing room of Mimi's Maternity on Saturday.

Matthew: Handled said breakdown in Mimi's Maternity dressing room extremely well, especially since it required him to go into the dressing room of a maternity store, where no man can reasonably be expected to enter. Matthew and I are both starting to work on getting all the things one needs in the house when a baby arrives, i.e. crib, changing table, flat-screen LCD HD-TV.

Baby Blaze: Making her presence known, with her movements and by rudely making her mom look chubby. Seems to be doing very well. Crossing her fingers that we're kidding about the whole "Mattina" thing.

Aunt Kelly: Already spoiling her niece with basketball pacifiers and pink clothes.

Grandparents: Enjoying their webcams, impressing us with their ability to use them.

I think that's enough for now...we'll keep you posted. I start prenatal yoga classes tonight, which may provide some entertaining material.

3 comments:

The Wegeners said...

Congrats on your halfway mark! I think you definately should post some belly pics...remember, you're not chubby...You are pregnant and Gorgeous! Keep telling yourself that ;)

kbfish said...

Yeah! I got a shout out in the baby blog!
It was good to SEE you Sunday. You are not chubby--beautiful, as always, with a HEALTHY & growing baby...the way it should be! I'm glad she's moving around--that must be fun, or strange!
Love all 3 of you,
above mentioned "Aunt Kelly"

Allison said...

I second the belly pictures...we need to see, those of us who don't see you ever at all (although knowing your inordinate sense of modesty, I am doubting that will happen!) :) I can't believe you are halfway...it's flying by. Keep us posted, please.