Custom Search

Friday, January 11, 2008

Hoosiers in Mishawaka

Just when you thought yesterday was a great day with the news of a daughter, it got a lot sweeter. Most of the readers of this blog are familiar with the trials and tribulations of the Dunder Mifflin basketball team I play on in the Mishawaka City League. Last night we won our first ever regular season basketball game, defeating Trevino Insurance, the only 4-0 team in our league, on a last-second shot. Up by one with five seconds left, we fouled their big man who had missed many free throws throughout the game. We called a timeout to ice him and sure enough he made both to put us down one. We called our last timeout to set up a play and the boys didn't get "caught watchin' the paint dry."


Michael "Speedy" Choinacky in-bounded the ball to Dave "I have the back of a fifty year-old man" Miller. Dave spun and hit Phil "I can bait anyone into a flagrant foul" Smoker who took a couple dribbles and found a wide-open Choinacky who had sprinted from the other end of the court. Choinacky made the lay-up at the buzzer to stun the undefeated team that actually had a nine point lead with about three minutes left in the game.
After the game, Andy "Big Shot" Kinnuncan said "This is the greatest moment of my life. Getting married and having my first child were both kind of neat, but nothing compares to this feeling. We just beat Trevino Insurance when no one believed in us." Steve "The Hawk" Noto added, "My wife will never believe this."
In the words of the great Coach Norman Dale, "I love you guys."

2 comments:

Andy said...

Best. Post. Ever.

Jill Dawson said...

Please see my aforementioned post re: the "competitive group with which you associate"... LOVE the recap, particularly Andy & Steve's quotes. Classic. Wish I could have seen this with my own eyes :)