Custom Search

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Foolishness

As I hope most of you have figured out by now, yesterday's post about having a boy was an April Fool's prank, orchestrated by my darling husband. In fact, there was no ultrasound yesterday, so we have no new information at all on that front and as far as we know we're still happily expecting a daughter.

I had hoped people would figure out that it was a joke fairly quickly, but unfortunately we have some pretty gullible folks among our loyal readers. Granny Buckles got herself worked into quite a frenzy, and then called my uncle, my grandpa, my other grandparents...by this afternoon, things had gotten a little out of hand. I made some calls to clear things up, but Granny is still pretty riled up! She's threatening not to cook for Matthew anymore, and if you've ever had her delicious cooking, you know what a loss that would be. I can't say he doesn't deserve such punishment!

Anyway, happy April Fool's Day and happy April! I can't believe April is here and we're at the seven months mark. We have a lot going on over the next several weeks, so look for more updates--hopefully we haven't alienated our readers with this prank. And keep your fingers crossed that Baby Blaze doesn't get her dad's sense of humor, or we're all going to be in trouble!

No comments: