Custom Search

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Yummy!

With Kasey in Germany, Myla and I are having a great time these last few days. Don't get me wrong, we miss her, but we are managing to get by and entertain ourselves. It's pretty much business as usual - she's sleeping great at night (8:00 pm until 7:00 am), we've been going on a long walk every night, when we go out she gets chatty with at least one old woman and one young girl (if there are any single guys reading this, I highly recommend that you get your hands on an 11 month old baby and use him or her to attract the ladies - it actually works) each place we go, and she is getting into everything. Everything. Childproofing more of our cabinets and drawers has just gone to the top of my project list.

This last week, Myla showed some of her first signs of separation anxiety. I have to admit that I kind of liked it when I gave Myla to Holly on Thursday and Friday and she cried both times because she wanted her dad. She's also been really cute lately as she follows me from room to room. She'll be perfectly content playing with her toys or reading a magazine in the living room if I'm sitting with her in there. If I get up to go to the kitchen, she drops everything she is doing and crawls into the kitchen. It's funny because it's not that she is upset that I left her, but more like "Hey, where's dad going? If he's going in the kitchen there must be something really fun in there!" She then does one of three things: plays with the cranks on the windows, digs through the recycling bin, or grabs a dining room chair and spins it in place.

Finally, I have to report her dinner tonight. We've been feeding her some sort of meat-themed baby food for dinner each night and then giving her some vegetables or fruit after she eats some of the meat. She usually really likes the meat-themed foods and has no problem eating them. Well, for whatever reason she wasn't having any part of the meat tonight. Sometimes she will refuse to eat, but she always warms up to it. I couldn't get her to eat a single bite. So Myla's dinner tonight started off with a 1st course of Julienne Beets - Fancy French Style as the can describes. This is her new favorite food. I may buy her a case of beets from Sam's for her birthday. It would definitely be her favorite gift. The second course was shredded cheese. For dessert I switched things up a little bit and gave her some cut up pineapple for the first time. After one bite she started doing the sign for "more" so I obliged. She loved it. Dinner was quite a success, but you can only imagine the mess that is created by julienne beets, shredded cheese, and pineapple.

1 comment:

kbfish said...

Great post with the exception of the last, gross comment!
Aunt Kelly