Custom Search

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Slow news days

It's been a week of some pretty big press coverage of my "winter babies" paper. It was kicked off by this article in the Wall Street Journal. The paper has been in the news before, but this is the first time I really felt that the article accurately conveyed what the paper is about. If you've ever heard me talk about this paper and silently wondered "why on earth is an economist studying that?", this article explains it pretty well. Although that didn't stop the usual rants from January moms in the comments.

This has been followed up by appearances on CNN (live!) with Campbell Brown and on CNNRadio, and on the Freakonomics blog. Thanks to everyone who called and told me the CNN thing was good, despite sound difficulties and a studio that looked like it was from a high school news station.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great publicity Kasey! You looked great last night. By the way, my little January Megan was born to her married, 29 year old (at the time), Master's Degree mama - and I have a summer baby too :) Ha,Ha! I also enjoyed your "special thanks to Myla" section in your actual paper. Cute!

Mom said...

We are so proud of you!! You sounded great!

Rita H. said...

I already sent you an e-mail but I enjoyed your article in Wall Street Journal. It was interesting and you did a great job on CNN. People at CHHS saw it and asked me about you today. They said to tell you how proud they were.

Love, Rita