Custom Search

Friday, March 12, 2010

Baby #2 Update

I just passed the 16-week mark, so it's time for a little update on BlazeBaby 2.0! We had a doctor's appointment yesterday and everything looks good. We heard the heartbeat again, and I'm pretty sure I've felt him/her move a few times. We scheduled an ultrasound for April 8, so mark your calendars--that's when we hope to find out if Myla is having a brother or a sister!

As for me, I'm feeling less tired but otherwise no real changes. I haven't really started showing yet, possibly because my appetite is so strange. I don't always feel like eating, and while there's no one food I crave consistently, I often feel like eating ONE SPECIFIC THING and that thing only. This didn't really happen with Myla, and it's pretty crazy. For a few examples, at one time or another I have had an irrational need for buffalo wings, fruit-flavored hard candy, a junior bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's, black cherry Kool-Aid, a "cheap frozen pizza like the kind we used to have at Mamaw's," and a Buckles family concoction known as "taco salad" (in quotes because it doesn't resemble either a taco or a salad all that closely). As I read this, it is obvious that the baby has no concern for nutrition whatsoever.

Matthew has been very accommodating, pretty much just leaving the choice of meals up to me and my whims. And occasionally making a run to the grocery store to get whatever the baby wants that day, which we of course never have on hand. Such a good dad (and husband)!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! Glad you are feeling well and it sounds like some fun foods to crave here and there! Perhaps since it's different, maybe it's a boy?!?!

Allison said...

Lucky you! I haven't had any fun cravings...just strawberries which I ate for dinner every night for about 2 months solid. Enjoy the second trimester.