Custom Search

Monday, March 15, 2010

Truly Magic Words

Myla has gotten really good lately at saying "thank you" whenever Matthew and I give her something or do something for her. (We also hear "please" occasionally but less often). It is absolutely the sweetest thing to hear her say "thank you Mommy" after I give her some Teddy Grahams, or even change her diaper. I have nearly cried a couple of times.

I think the charm is twofold--1) it makes us feel like we're raising a good kid (at least at the 21-month mark, still a long way to go), and 2) it's always nice to feel like she appreciates all this hard work we're doing on her behalf!


P.S. Take this as a reminder to say "thank you" to your Mom or Dad today! :) Thanks, T & B!

3 comments:

kbfish said...

This kid I'm carrying a week after his due date better come out and either give the "thank you" sign or say it as clear as day!! I can't wait 21 months for that reward!!
Glad she's so polite, I wouldn't expect anything else from your kid!
Kelly

Mom said...

Thanks Kasey! You brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for being such a great kid yourself!

Gary D. McCollum said...

You'd be surprised how around the 4 year old mark the "thank yous" are less frequent than the "I'm just sayings" and the "It took you long enoughs." Seriously. Our parenting didn't change and we're left wondering WTF happened to our baby?