Custom Search

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

Kasey travelled to London last week so it was just me and my girl Myla Wednesday through Sunday. No surprise, we had a great time all weekend. On Thursday night I played volleyball so we tried out a new babysitter for the first time. In typical Myla fashion, she took one look at Jordan when she walked in and then looked at me and said "bye daddy!" It sounded like they got along fabulously.

On Friday morning, Myla and I woke up to a nice little present that Kasey left for us - a shirt that says "Daddy Does My Hair." Of course I had her wear it and I put her hair in pigtails for school that day. Several teachers commented on it.



On Friday night we survived a storm that rocked the area with 80 mph winds. We were lucky as many people were without power all weekend and many trees were knocked down. Other than a few small branches, we had little damage compared to some other people in the neighborhood as seen in these pictures:






Saturday morning we went for "dobbies" (aka donuts) and then came home and played with her water table on a very hot afternoon.

On Sunday morning we went to the zoo to check out the animals and just hang out:

This tiger was checking out Myla. Pretty cool how close we got!





We finished our weekend with a pool party! One of Kasey's coworkers also went to London this weekend, so her husband and I got together on Sunday afternoon and let the kids play in the pool and make a general mess of everything. Myla had a great time playing with David and Tess in their pool:

3 comments:

Nana said...

Thanks for sharing your weekend. Looks like the two of you had a great time.

Matt and Jennifer said...

You're a wonderful Daddy Matthew! As I already knew ;)

Mom said...

I love the pictures! You did a good job on the hair! These are many wonderful memories................ for a great Dad !