Custom Search

Friday, June 4, 2010

Parenting angst. Over snow cones.

Myla's day care has started having the snow cone truck come by every Thursday to push their goodies on the kids. There have been signs up saying we could by "passes" so that she gets a snow cone every week, but I've been ignoring them on the grounds that she's two and doesn't need snow cones! Call me a scrooge, but they're messy and pure sugar, and did I mention that she's two? Anyway, I figured it wasn't a big deal, but we found out that she was one of only two kids in her class that didn't get a snow cone yesterday. Her teacher said she felt really bad for her. And now my heart is breaking thinking about her watching all the other kids eat snow cones when she didn't get one. So I guess we'll cave so she won't be left out.

Of course, I'm now worried about the kid who will be the only snow-cone-less child in the class. I want to buy him/her a pass, too. Incidentally, it's this same ridiculous instinct that makes me a Democrat. :)

2 comments:

kbfish said...

And on her birthday week!!! Pathetic. You tell her Aunt Kelly will buy her a year supply of snow cone passes so she won't be left out. If you don't want her to have them, take it up with the school, don't punish her!! Bless her heart!
Aunt Kelly
(;) I'm just giving you a hard time, of course, you can pay it back when I deprive Lofton of--wait, I probably will give him all the sugar he wants and deprive him of vegetables, knowing me!)

Allison said...

I had my first official parental angst yesterday...I cut Saraya's thumb as I was trying to cut her nails. She actually bled and I had to put a band-aid on her. It broke my heart! I am suer this is the first of many times for both of us!