Custom Search

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fourth of July With the Family

We wanted to limit travel for the rest of the summer as we get closer to the due date of Baby Blaze #2. It's also likely that we won't be doing any travel until the holidays, so we decided to take a few extra days off work and see both families over the Fourth of July weekend.

We spent the first couple days with my family. It was great to see everyone and watch Andrew's famous fireworks display. Myla had a great time playing with her cousins, aunt, and all those uncles. She wasn't quite sure what to make of the fireworks as she seemed to like some and not others. Her cousin Anna stayed inside the house because she didn't like all the noise while her younger cousin Megan sat outside and couldn't get enough of it. Kasey and I even found some time over the weekend to have a nice dinner in celebration of our five year anniversary.

My mom had a cake made for my birthday complete with Elmo and Big Bird figures on it. She says they were for me, but I think I have an idea that they might have been for my daughter. Myla loved it and even did a great job singing "Happy Birthday" and helping blow out the candles. She now loves to sing "Happy Birthday" to anyone or anything.

The last part of the trip was spent in Etown where we had more good family time including celebrating Kasey's grandparents anniversary. We spent a lot of time just hanging out in the pool and Myla even got to help Pop make ice cream.

Our parents (especially our moms) did so much to make our time relaxing and enjoyable. It was a fantastic trip and as always it was great to see everyone. There were so many great pictures that I couldn't decide which ones to post so we just did a slide show. Enjoy!

No comments: