Custom Search

Friday, September 12, 2008

My First Football Weekend (Part 1)

I know this is a bit overdue, but I haven't been able to bring myself to tell you about my first football weekend. After what I witnessed last weekend, I haven't felt normal and have been in quite the mood. These were all such new feelings after watching Notre Dame and the Bengals.

The day started with mom and dad dressing me in some new green onesie that has a little leprechaun on it. I got the feeling that they weren't happy about it as they both mumbled something about "I guess we should since they pay the bills." When mom wasn't looking, dad slipped me a chocolate chip cookie if I would "do some damage" to the onesie. Seeing as how that's the thing I'm best at these days, I quickly managed to create a mess in my diaper that spilled over on to my outfit. Oops. Guess that means you have to take me out of this hideous thing. Dad smiled and looked proud.

So mom and dad loaded up my stroller and we went to Notre Dame's campus on Saturday. I've been around campus a lot in the last few months, but I've never seen so many people and so much noise. We went and listened to the band play and dad had the nerve to change my diaper right there on the grass in front of everybody!!! Don't get me wrong, I needed a new diaper, but geez. He could have done it in a more private area.

Then we walked over to the tailgating area. I didn't know what that meant, but I loved it once I got there. All the flags, food, drinks, and footballs being thrown around looked like lots of fun. Dad was especially proud when some college punk, who was either really tired or really happy or both, gave us props for turning the basket on my stroller into a storage area for his adult beverages. That's how I roll!!

Since I'm too little to take to the game, we went over to our friends' house to watch the Notre Dame game on TV. I was not impressed. How in the world does Charlie Weis almost get beat in the home opener by a team that lost to a I-AA team the week before? I've seen better football played by the four year-olds in the park at dad's softball games.

I keep telling mom and dad that they will have more fun with me on Saturday than they will at the Michigan game but they aren't listening. I hope there is something else on TV that afternoon. Like a UK football game!!!!

No comments: