Custom Search

Monday, September 1, 2008

My Turn to Talk

Hello out there! I figured I have sat by long enough and watched my mom and dad write entries on MY blog. Now it's my turn to start having some fun. Besides, can't we all agree we're tired of my dad's weak attempts at humor?

So what's life like for a 3 month-old, you ask? Well, it's sometimes frustrating, sometimes confusing, but mostly fun! Mornings are my favorite time of the day. I usually get to sit on my dad's lap while he eats his breakfast of yogurt, granola, and some kind of fruit. Mom says it looks like baby food. Last time I checked, I am a baby, so how come I'm not getting any of that action? Don't get me wrong - I'm pretty excited about what mom is giving me these days, but I can't wait for another month or two when I start getting a little variety in my diet. All this milk has been going right to my thighs!


After the tall guy goes to work I usually take a two hour nap. Then mom and I play for a while and I try to start working on a good poo for dad because I know he'll be home for lunch. Mom and I think it's funny that dad comes home in his nice Armani suits and has to change a poopy diaper. Sometimes I'll even start kicking my legs while dad is changing me in the hopes that I can make a really big mess. So far I've only managed to ruin my own pants and get some on my elbow. Don't ask.


In the afternoons I get to spend time with my babysitter, Stephanie. She is from Canada! I don't know where that is, but it sounds pretty far away so it must be out past the mall. Anyway, we have lots of fun together. We go on walks, she reads to me, and sometimes I just take a nap.


Then mom and dad come home from work (from the way they talk about work, I still don't understand why they don't just stay home and play with me all day) and we all have dinner. After dinner, we go on a walk in the neighborhood or on Notre Dame's campus. I prefer the walks on campus because it's a much smoother ride on their expensive new sidewalks.


I usually have a late-night snack around 9:30 and then my dad puts me to bed. He tries to wrap me really tight in one of those swaddle things, but I like to stick my arm up so that I can get free in the middle of the night. It's a fun game we play that I think I enjoy more than he does.


Well, I gotta go. Dad thought I was sleeping while he went upstairs so I ran over to the laptop real quick. If dad finds me out of my swing I'm going to be in big trouble. I hope to write later...

Me working on my first blog entry

2 comments:

kbfish said...

Awesome first post Myla! Next time you steal some laptop time, webcam with Aunt Kelly. I hate that our conversations are always dictated by your mom!! ;)
Love ya,
Kelly

Jen said...

How cute Myla! Sounds like a pretty good life! Let's plan a time for us to play soon!