Custom Search

Monday, September 22, 2008

My First Football Weekend (Part 2)

I know this has been a long time coming, but it's taken me a while to recover from my first Bengals game. Even before I was born, mom and dad were signing and playing the Bengals fight song for me. From everything dad said, I expected the season opener against the Ravens to be the greatest day of my life. Not so much.

Things shaped up to be a great start with the Ravens starting a QB and RB with the same amount of NFL experience as me - none. So we all went to a very stimulating place I like to call BW-3's, and watched the game. The Bengals got a turnover on the very first play, dad started telling me that we were going to the Super Bowl, and mom rolled her eyes at dad. That was pretty much the last time dad was in a good mood that day. In fact, he was so mad that he said we were leaving before halftime so he could do some yard work.

For the rest of the week I had to listen to dad complain to mom, Uncle Jonathan, Uncle Andrew, and especially Grandpa Blaze. I was so upset that I couldn't even sleep for a few nights. For three nights in a row I woke up at 12:00, 1:30, 3:00, 4:00, 6:30 and 7:30. I kept having these dreams that I was a Steelers cheerleader and my mom and dad disowned me and wouldn't feed me anymore. It was awful. I don't think mom and dad enjoyed my bad sleep either.

Mom and dad keep telling me that it's easy to be a Steelers fan or a Cowboys fan because they always win. They say that being a Bengals fan builds character. If being a Bengals fan means that I get to watch more of the magic television box, then dress me in a Carson Palmer onesie!
Mom made me a Carson Palmer onesie for my first Bengals game! Don't look at my bald spot.
Me and dad watching football. One thing is for sure - the Bengals have the best uniforms.

No comments: