Custom Search

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was the long-awaited first day of kindergarten for Myla.  Everything went very well.  It was a beautiful day and Myla was so excited.  She looked adorable in her jumper and Mary Janes.  And during breakfast, Matthew and I gave her a little locket with a picture of our family in it.  She really seemed to get that it was an extra-special gift and was really grateful and sweet about it.  And then Mrs. Bassett asked her about it in front of the whole class!

I didn't get misty-eyed until we were taking Luke to preschool afterward.  There's a big picture of Myla on the wall, and as we passed it he said "There's my Myla!"  I think this is going to be harder on him than any of us, as he has been her shadow at school for the last couple of years.

I'll post the pictures from our good camera soon, but I was able to post these quickly from my phone.  I'll also have an update once I get the report from her this afternoon.

Myla with R2.
Myla with her friend Alex.
Raising her hand already.
Ready to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Kasey, Pa really liked the picture of her "Ready To Go", I liked them all. It sure was sad , especially when Luke made his coment. Your kids think of everything. Great... Love, Granny and Pa Buckles