Custom Search

Thursday, August 1, 2013

What Was I Thinking

Luke has shown no interest in using the potty yet.  One morning last week, Kasey thought it would be a good idea to let Luke run around for a few minutes in his big-boy undies.  I came out of our bedroom and saw Myla and Luke playing in Luke's room.  Since Luke has had a tendency to pee in his big-boy undies the other few times we tried this, I thought it would be good to ask for Myla's help:

Me:  Myla, I have to go get dressed for work.  You are in charge of Luke so don't let him pee on the carpet again.
Myla:  You are putting your five-year-old daughter in charge?  I don't think so.

I love to tease her in many ways (and she usually likes it too, though I have definitely pushed my luck a few times).  I loved this exchange because she had a comeback for me without any hesitation.

*****
UPDATE FROM KASEY:   I had a similar exchange with Myla this week.  I was trying to get myself and the kids ready before school, and I asked Myla if she could help by putting Luke's socks on.  She says to me, "I am not able to put on another child's socks!"  It was the precise language that killed me.

3 comments:

Rita H. said...

28l

Rita H. said...

I so enjoy the Myla and Luke stories

Anonymous said...

Granny said.
Hange in there , Myla. Ask Luke to help you sometime, OK.Can,t wait to see you in a few days. Love You All. Granny B.