Custom Search

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Luke Love

As Luke is nearing two months old and I'm getting ready to go back to work part-time, I thought it was a good time to write about a few of the little things I've come to love about him. Beware, there's mushy stuff ahead!

1. Luke almost always sneezes in pairs. Usually this means two at a time, but once he did six in a row. It was adorable.

2. The boy has a need for speed. He loves to ride in the car--until we stop at a red light or stop sign, when he immediately starts wailing. As soon as we're on the move again, he's perfectly happy. It makes driving a little bit stressful--I have been known to honk aggressively at cars in front of me if they don't turn right on red as quickly as I'd like!

3. Luke has the best smile. My favorite thing about it is that I can actually see a lot of my smile in it. He even has this flickering dimple thing that appears whenever he gives a half-smile, like I do.

4. Luke is a chunky monkey. He's already over 15 lbs. by our scale, and really fills out his 3-6 months clothes. I like this because it makes him seem like such a boy. And because all the eating he's doing is allowing me to do things like take advantage of Steak and Shake's milkshake happy hour (2:00-4:00, half price shakes, every day!).

5. He loves to hold my finger. I know all babies will grasp your finger, but Luke seems to seek it out and it really calms him when he's upset. It's been this way since birth. One of my favorite early memories was sitting in the wheelchair as the nurse wheeled the two of us out of the hospital to meet Matthew with the car. Luke grabbed my finger as if to say "Here we go Mommy, you and me against the world!" It was so sweet.

2 comments:

kbfish said...

Lofton did the exact same thing in the car. Loves to go fast and despises stops. He's gotten better, but it was quite stressful. I never hated stop signs and red lights so much as I did those first few months!! Boys will be boys.
Kelly

Jen said...

Ridiculously cute. Such an amazing wonderful mom.