Custom Search

Friday, October 22, 2010

Falling Out of Bed

Thought I would do a short post to report that Myla fell out of her bed last night for the first time. It's quite startling to be woken up at 5:30 am by a really loud thud followed by your daughter crying. Kasey immediately said, "Myla fell out of bed" which I thought was pretty amazing because I was in quite a haze and couldn't tell what I heard or if I was dreaming.

I went in to find Myla crying on the floor. In typical fashion, she recovered pretty quickly and went back to sleep after I read her a of couple books. No doubt she was scared to death and I'm sure it didn't feel very good to hit the hardwood floors. Here's hoping it's a one-time event and not something that we have to try to prevent!

Of course there are no pictures, though I was really hoping that we had a monitor that was recording her while she slept so that I could see what happened.

1 comment:

lbuckles said...

Lillian B. Granny
Myla, it wasn't the fall that hurt you when you fell out of your bed, it was the sudden STOP. Tell your Mom to lay a Quilt folded up beside your bed, just in case you try to play superman again....Your Granny is silly, isn't she?
Love You;;;;;GRANNY BUCKLES