Custom Search

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Boo Steelers

Since this is a family-oriented site I'll keep it G-rated, but I'm sick to my stomach right now. Plenty of our readers are Bengals fans so you all know what I'm feeling tonight. If you're not a Bengals fan then you can likely figure out why I feel this way if I equate it to Notre Dame football. Imagine that after Ty Willingham left your team in shambles, he went to be the defensive coordinator for USC. Then pretend that someone for USC hit Brady Quinn his senior year and blew out his knee, ruining Notre Dame's chances at a national championship. Then imagine that USC won another national championship with Willingham leading the defense and the announcers kept talking about how great he is. Can you imagine how much you would hate USC? That's where Bengals fans are with the Steelers.

After going to a Super Bowl party for the 1st half of the game, we came home for the 2nd half. Kasey and I had no interest in watching the Steelers win another Super Bowl, so instead we watched a new episode of Big Love and I did some work. The only thing that made me happy tonight is that it is obvious that Myla shares our disdain for the Steelers as she cried in her bed for about 30 minutes tonight and she NEVER does that. I went upstairs, sang the Bengals fight song to her, promised her that Carson Palmer is 10 times the quarterback that Big Ben is (it's just that the Steelers have a defense and the Bengals have been looking for one since 1989), and she went back to sleep. That's my daughter.

1 comment:

Matt and Jennifer said...

That is the cutest little description of Myla. I loved it! Can't wait to see her soon with her cousinS!
Love, Aunt Jennifer