Custom Search

Friday, February 13, 2009

Feelin' Crafty

As I described in this post, lately I've been feeling the urge to make stuff. Before M.J. came along, I was experimenting with cookie making as a creative outlet. Because that takes hours of uninterrupted time, that's not really an option anymore. But I have done two big projects lately and wanted to share!

First, I made a stuffed-felt alphabet for Myla. It was a lot of work, but stitching and stuffing the letters was surprisingly relaxing and fun. I'm really happy with how they turned out. Once Myla has stopped chewing on every single thing she touches (hopefully by kindergarten?), I'll give them to her to play with. Until then, they'll be displayed in her room in this little curio cabinet.






The other project was my first go at decorating a cake with fondant. This takes a lot less time than the cookies, and was really easy. I made a cake to look like a baby in a bassinette for my new niece Megan, and was pretty pleased with my first attempt. Now if only I could find some fondant that tastes as good as it looks . . . if anyone has suggestions, let me know!

No comments: