Custom Search

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Congrats Coach "Pop"!

Congratulations to my dad and Myla's Pop, who has been named one of eight nationwide finalists for the National High School Athletic Coaches Association girls' basketball Coach of the Year! According to the NHSACA's website, the awards recognize coaches "not just for a season of coaching, but for their 'lifetime achievements.' The NHSACA Coach of the Year awards are the most prestigious awards given to high school coaches in America." You can click here to see his name, or to check out the competition (as my bro-in-law David plans to do).





Also, his current Lady Bruins team was recently ranked #23 in the state of Kentucky. With this designation, every one of his nineteen girls' basketball teams in Central Hardin's history has been ranked at some point in the season! We're all proud of you, Dad, and I'm proud to be a former Lady Bruin (okay, I was a manager, but I kept a mean stat sheet).



At left, Kelly and I pose with Dad, who was also our assistant softball coach. "Be good to your glove, and your glove will be good to you."

2 comments:

kbfish said...

He's always Coach of the Year in my book, BUT...get that awful picture of me with bad bangs and attempting to look athletic off the World Wide Web!
-Daughter Kelly (to differentiate from Aunt Kelly)

Gary D. McCollum said...

Your dad is one of the best coaches in any sport that I've ever seen...the guy flat-out knows how to motivate players while obviously keeping them enjoying the game. This nomination is probably long overdue!!